Achilles Media, Project Manager
Achilles Media is a business to business facilitation company. Their goal is to help create the professional networks that are the foundation of successful and innovative businesses. With a primary focus on the digital and traditional media industries, Achilles’ most notable services include seven world class conference events, numerous annual industry meet ups and two innovative industry news publications.
As Project Manager for Achilles Media, I oversee development of creative and technical solutions for all of the company’s events and projects.
Not one to stay behind the scenes, I also execute a variety of marketing campaigns, competitions and contribute to developing our campaign strategies.
- Project manage creative and technical solutions for 8 world-class media events, including the Banff World Media Festival, nextMEDIA, the Canadian Innovation Exchange, History Makers International, the Digi Awards, Small Business Summit, nextSPORT and Bnchmrk
- Project Portfolio includes websites, competitions, ecommerce systems, databases, social media integration, mobile applications, SEO/SEM and UI/UX optimization
- Execute marketing campaigns including microsites, newsletters, competitions, social media, affiliate outreach, meet-ups, digital and print advertising
- Direct a multidisciplinary team of web developers, designers, copywriters and account managers
- Coordinate content development, including design layouts, images, copy and video
- Perform detailed web and campaign data analysis
- Marketing campaign strategy boosted event attendance and revenues 22% year-to-year
- Oversaw multiple concurrent projects valued between $10K – $150K
- Developed the Banff Program Competition, earning over 900 international entries, increasing entries and revenues 12% over the previous year
- Designed and developed a custom social network that engaged 70% of event delegates, used to book over 1,100 executive meetings and send over 4,000 personal messages
- Designed and developed a scalable website template and CMS system replicated across 16 sites
- Facilitated 1,100 face-to-face meetings during 3 days of BANFF executive networking sessions
- Banff World Media Festival
- Canadian Innovation Exchange
- History Makers International
- The Digi Awards
- Small Business Summit
- nextMEDIA Source
- CIX Source
Hip Digital Media, Account Manager and Content Editor
Hip Digital Media is a digital music promotions company. They combine the technology, expertise and resources necessary to deliver one-of-a-kind promotions and experiences around the appeal of popular music. Their services include fully searchable music stores and smaller scale promotional campaigns, programmed with all of today’s top artists. They make clients’ brands synonymous with the appeal and excitement of music – truly music to customers’ ears.
In the dual roles of Content Editor and Account Manager, I had responsibilities that ran from the highly technical to client facing. Never one to say no to a new challenge, my portfolio of duties grew to include marketing, management, creative direction and metrics analysis within 6 months of hire.
- Worked with clients to develop campaign strategies, concepts, scope and KPIs tailored to meet their goals
- Executed digital and print campaigns, websites, SEO/SEM, on-package promotions, newsletters and competitions that garnered national media coverage
- Effectively managed day-to-day client communication, project updates, walkthroughs and problem solving
- Performed regular, detailed campaign analysis and reporting, contributing to future strategy development
- Managed 11 digital music stores for clients including Scene, Nectar, Aeroplan, Fairmont Hotels, Bank of America, and Sony Music
- One-of-a-kind experiential campaign for artist Alesha Dixon increased site traffic 300%
- UK-wide print and digital campaign for artist U2′s 360 Degree Tour boosted sales 68%
- New music newsletter engaged digital consumers and consistently boosted site traffic by 30%
- Launched Scotiabank’s Scene Music Store as a new pillar in their consumer rewards strategy
- Nectar Loyalty Music Store
- Scene Music Store, in partnership with Scotiabank
- Aeroplan Music Store
- Fairmont Hotels Music Store
- Sony Music Store
TV Western, Cable Program Assistant Producer
TV Western is the University of Western Ontario’s news magazine style cable program, broadcast in partnership with Rogers Television. Focusing on news and cultural stories from the campus and around London, TV Western provides a student perspective on current events, frequently gaining exclusive access to important politicians, professionals, artists and cultural icons.
As the Assistant Producer, I oversaw the administration of the station, including management, scheduling, creative conception, training, production and post production. As needed, I would also provide technical support on shoots and fill in hosting and reporting.
- Produced over 25 hours of broadcast quality television
- Commissioned for a variety of film projects by the University of Western Ontario and numerous social and cultural groups
- Developed a number of saleable DVDs
- Supported the Faculty of Media, Information and Technoculture’s intern placement and development program
See my LinkedIn Profile for more information.
See my CV as an Infographic – beta state.